Books for Healing

If you are interested in getting serious in the healing process with God, or know someone who is, here are a few books I recommend. I will add more as I find them. :)

For teens who have been through any abuse but primarily sexual- A Safe Place: Beyond Sexual Abuse by Jan Morrison

For Adults who have been abused, neglected or shamed- Released From Shame: Moving Beyond the Pain of the Past by Sandra D. Wilson

For Parents who have read Released From Shame and want to learn how to parent without shame- Shame-Free Parenting also by Sandra D. Wilson

One of my absolute favorites is Your Scars Are Beautiful to God: Finding Peace and Purpose in the Hurts of Your Past by Sharon Jaynes

While it is not a "Healing Book" per se, Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers is amazing and is very good for healing. It is a modern retelling of the book of Hosea from the Bible and gives an amazing picture of the sinner and God's redeeming love. It is a MUST READ!!! :)

Another one that is not a "Healing Book" but has been instrumental in my journey is Lord I Want to Know You: A Study on the Names of God by Kay Arthur.
The decisions we make and the way we live our lives all stem from Whom we believe God is. So how better to find out the truth about God, than to study His Names? You won't be sorry! :)

If you have read, or are interested in any of these or know of some to recommend to me, email me at womanofchase@hotmail.com

Also, I would love to hear what the Lord is doing in your journey! Have questions? Let me know!

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you!
Thoughts? Questions? Let me know!