Prone to Wander, Lord I Feel It...

So I have spent some time tonight looking through blogs. There are so many good Christian blogs out there! It makes me feel a little insignificant and makes me wonder if anything I say means anything because it has already been said by someone else, and probably much better too! But whether or not it does mean anything to anyone else doesn't matter so much as whether or not I am listening to God's prompts to put out what He puts on my heart.
And tonight as I was encouraged by other bloggers challenged by them or brought to tears by the things they have experienced, I just feel so very very blessed. Christ is making my life so beautiful...so many people and things and experiences I just don't deserve.
Kinda funny, as I was typing that, my next line was going to be "I just hope I am a worthy vessel." and then He reminded me-I'm NOT!!! That is what makes it so much more amazing! It is mindblowing...anything good that is in me-He put there! God is just amazing.

And yet how often do I do things (or try to do them) in my own power? How often do I deny that He is everything and the only thing I need and live my life "for Him"?????

Honestly, that answer is really sad, because it is pretty frequent. Today even.
I have a goal that is to put a Bible verse and a good quote in every room of the house...one quote that I want to have in the living room probably is "Prone to wander, Lord I feel it! Prone to leave the God I love! Here's my heart O take and seal it, seal it for Thy courts above!" That song verse speaks to me and is a huge reminder to me of my own shallowness and need for Christ's Redemption...I definitely need it in big print on a wall somewhere! :)

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you!
Thoughts? Questions? Let me know!