Caffeinated Randomness: On Life



So strange...today's theme (at least in my head) seems to be all about life. I was already thinking about it. How unexpectedly life changes, how sometimes it ends without warning, things like that. A man I knew unexpectedly died a few weeks ago, leaving a wife and three kids. Thankfully he had accepted Christ a month before he passed which was just amazing. Such a picture of God's mercy. His wife had been praying for his salvation for years and the Lord waited until he accepted Him before taking him. So very sad for the family, but amazing for him.

Then a couple of weeks ago, an old friend was in a horrible accident. He has always been kinda crazy and loves the outdoors. He fell over 800 feet in a snow-slide and sustained multiple injuries. He was flown to a hospital and no one was sure how it was going to end. It wasn't looking good...but God is amazing and gave him a will-power for a reason. Go read about it over here: http://navanpowers.com/

This morning, my aunt posted on facebook how her daughter Renee's best friend had been hit by a drunk driver last night. This hit especially close to home since Renee was killed by a drunk driver last August at the age of 25. Her friend is fine but banged up and not feeling well. They even caught the drunk who drove off and he is in jail. 

Life. I have often wondered why God takes home the people He does. I know He has a reason and He is God so He doesn't make mistakes, but it doesn't keep me from wondering what the big picture is. Why do some of these things happen at all?

I emailed Navan's sister about Colloidal Silver to help with the healing and reduce the scarring. I told her briefly about how my mother in love used it on my father in love when he was in a horrible motorcycle accident.  Dad also, medically speaking should have died. It was only because of God that he is still here today. But it got me to thinking about how different life would be without him. I would never have even met him. 
I get upset that the kids don't get to see him as much as we all would like...but instead I should be glad that they know him at all. I am so thankful that I know him. He is wonderful-which is why I get upset when we don't see him. I hate the distance between us and family. Grrrrr....

Anyway, back to life...so to go with the theme of life, today I read chapter two in the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan. It is entitled, "you might not finish this chapter" and of course....is talking about life.

Here are some quotes: (just a small, small does-not-do-the-book-justice glimpse)

"On the average day, we live caught up in ourselves. On the average day, we don't consider God very much. On the average day, we forget that our life truly is a vapor."

"Worry implies that we don't quite trust that God is big enough, powerful enough, or living enough to take care of what's happening in our lives.
Stress says that the things we are involved in are important enough to merit our impatience, our lack of grace toward others, or our tight grip of control.
Basically these two behaviors communicate that it's okay to sin and not trust God because the stuff in my life is somehow exceptional. Both worry and stress reek of arrogance. They declare our tendency to forget that we've been forgiven, that our lives here are brief, that we are headed to a place where we won't be lonely, afraid, or hurt ever again, and that in the context of God's strength, our problems are small, indeed.

Why are we so quick to forget God? Who do we think we are?"

"From start to finish, this movie (about life and the universe, all of history and the history of what is to come) is obviously about God. He is the main character. How is it possible that we live as though it is about us?...We have only two-fifths-os-a-second-long scene to live. I don't know about you, but I want my two-fifths of a second to be about my making much of God. First Corinthians says, 'So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.' That is what each of our two-fifths of a second is about...
It is easy to become disillusioned with the circumstances of our lives compared to others'. But in the presence of God He gives us a deeper peace and joy that transcends it all."

"The point of your life is to point to Him."

"As the author of Ecclesiastes wrote, 'It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart." 

"Friends, we need to stop living selfish lives, forgetful of our God. Our lives here are short, often unexpectedly so, and we can all stand to be reminded of it from time to time. That's why I wrote this chapter to help us remember that in the movie of life, nothing matters except our King and God. 
Don't let yourself forget. Soak it in and keep remembering that it is true. He is everything."

Colossians 1:16 
For by Him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.

Life is happy. Life is sad. Life is short. Life may or may not be how I think it should be for me or the people around me. But life is His. It all belongs to Him. Please be praying for Navan and Renee's friend Tonya for healing and peace. And then thank God for whatever life you have right now. Pray that it points to Him and make some needed adjustments in your life along with me. I would love to say with Paul "I have learned in whatever state I am in to be content."

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you!
Thoughts? Questions? Let me know!